Welcome to Bowl Ohio!
2017 BCA of Ohio Convention & Trade Show Schedule
May 22-24 2017
Monday, May 22nd
10:00 a.m. Golf Outing
4:00 p.m. Welcome Reception - Open Bar
6:00 p.m. Cookout
8:00 p.m. Ace Mitchell Hospitality Room, Poker Tournament & LCR
Tuesday, May 23rd
9:15 a.m. STE Update - John Harbuck
9:45 a.m. Bowling USA Learn the Sport -
11:00 a.m. Amy Arcuri - SMART BUY UPDATE & SYSCO
11:45 a.m. Food Seminar-Trends & Cost Analysis
12:45 p.m. Awards Luncheon
1:45 p.m. Trade Show Opens
4:15 p.m. Trade Show Closes
Wednesday, May 24th
9:15 a.m. BPAA Update
9:45 a.m. MillerCoors
10:30 a.m. Social Media Marketing
12:30 p.m. Working Lunch
1:15 p.m. Legislative update
1:30 p.m. Annual Meeting
2:10 p.m. Hit the Road
RE: Group-Rating Safety Accountability
Each year Ohio employers have the opportunity to participate in BWC’s Group-Experience-Rating Program or Group-Retrospective-Rating Program. While these programs are not required, they do provide you with an opportunity to significantly reduce your workers’ compensation premiums, while increasing your awareness of safety and risk-management strategies.
Workplace safety is an important component of these programs. To succeed in accident prevention, we encourage you to use the many resources available to you. We believe a group-rating program is a partnership that includes you and your employees, your sponsoring organization or third-party administrator (TPA) and BWC. Each has specific roles and responsibilities, all designed to assist in preventing workplace accidents. This letter outlines the safety services expectations you should have as an employer enrolled in a group-rating program.
The employer will:
· Maintain a safe workplace;
· Attend safety training to enhance workplace safety;
· Use BWC’s safety services as needed;
· Fulfill the required two-hour training requirement and provide proof of attendance to sponsor for claim(s)
occurring within the last year.
The certified primary and affiliated sponsoring organizations will:
· Sponsor eight hours of safety training (this may be done at one time or may be provided incrementally as long as the total is at least eight hours);
· Provide information regarding safety resources to group members;
· Possibly assist an employer in achieving its safety needs;
· Manage employer fulfillment of the two-hour training requirement, where applicable;
· Publish this letter to group members.
The TPA may:
· Assist sponsoring organizations with fulfilling the group-rating safety requirements;
· Assist an employer with its safety needs;
· Work in conjunction with sponsors to develop safety training and deliver safety resources;
· Provide resources for claims handling.
· Monitor all group-rating safety activities to confirm requirements are met;
· Remain in communication with sponsoring organizations to provide recommendations for fulfilling safety requirements;
· Provide safety training through Ohio’s Center for Occupational Safety & Health;
· Offer on-site safety consultation (hazard assessments, air and noise monitoring, ergonomics evaluation, training) by a BWC safety professional;
· Offer publications and videos for safety program support;
· Conduct employer visits to confirm the employer is meeting group-rating requirements, when appropriate.
The goal of this collaborative effort is to make sure all your safety needs are met. Using these resources will assist you in preventing accidents, reducing claims costs and achieving the highest discounts possible. Below you’ll find contact information for various resources.
BWC: https://www.bwc.ohio.gov/employer/services/safetyhygiene.asp, firstname.lastname@example.org
BCAO will provide educational, promotional, and revenue building tools to aid members in their daily operations.
To enhance the profitability of our members and to ensure a healthy future for the sport of bowling in Ohio.