Welcome to Bowl Ohio!
Pinsetter Safety Information
For those with AMF Pinspotters, below is a link to a site with posted videos and documents for maintenance and safety procedures.
In addition you can sign up for our customer support portal where you can find other manuals and videos for maintenance on QubicaAMF equipment.
Safety Information for Brunswick Pinsetters
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 23, 2015
York Risk Services Announces TPA Combination to Operate Under CareWorksComp Brand Name
York Risk Services Group, Inc., parent company of two Ohio workers’ compensation Third Party Administrators (TPAs) – CareWorks Consultants Inc. and Frank Gates Service Company – today announced that effective Monday, March 2, 2015, these two operations would be consolidated into one entity, operating under a new brand name of CareWorksComp.
This combination has created Ohio’s largest workers’ compensation TPA. The new name signifies a unification of the two companies and a continuation of delivering innovative workers’ compensation claim management and cost control tools unique to the state of Ohio.
“Our new brand reflects who we are, and the innovation that differentiates us in our industry,” said Frank Pagnatta, president, CareWorksComp.
By effectively managing each unique workplace absence, whether injury-related or not, employers can maintain productivity and control costs while focusing on returning valuable employees back to work as quickly and safely as possible.
“The vision of the two companies to be best-in-class providers of workers’ compensation cost control solutions hasn’t changed in the over 60 years each has been in business in Ohio. This combination furthers our commitment to deliver personalized service, utilize advanced technologies and deliver the products and services our customers value most,” said Pagnatta.
The new name will have minimal direct impact on current customers. Effective, March 2, 2015, the company’s internet site will be www.careworkscomp.com.
# # #
About York Risk Services Group | www.yorkrsg.com | 1-866-391-9675
York Risk Services Group is a premier provider of insurance, risk management, alternative risk, pool administration and claims management solutions to clients across hundreds of industries. They are the third ranked national third-party administrator (TPA) based on annual revenue. York offers claims management for all lines of insurance, a comprehensive suite of integrated managed care services and risk management services that include loss control survey and risk management services. Their customer base includes more than 5,800 public entities and public entity pools; over 300 program administrators/MGAs/carriers, more than 50 carriers and over 500 self-insured/high deductible clients.
About CareWorks Consultants, Inc. | www.careworksconsultants.com | 1-800-837-3200
As Ohio’s leading workers’ compensation risk consulting and claims management service provider, CareWorks Consultants, Inc. has strived to exceed customer expectations and reduce the impact of workers’ compensation costs on our clients’ bottom lines since 1950. Our service delivery model is based on a team approach with the client as our focus. Our knowledgeable associates and advanced technologies continue to distinguish us from other Third Party Administrators (TPAs) in Ohio.
About Frank Gates Service Company | www.frankgates.com | 1-800-777-4283
Frank Gates Service Company is a workers' compensation administration provider for Ohio-based companies, offering an array of services including group and other alternative rating plans. Since 1946, the company has been a leader in reducing workers' compensation costs for Ohio employers and providing efficient, professional claims management. We create partnerships with our clients, tailoring programs that achieve successful return to work and drive overall savings.
Each year Ohio employers have the opportunity to participate in BWC’s Group-Experience-Rating Program or Group-Retrospective-Rating Program. While these programs are not required, they do provide you with an opportunity to significantly reduce your workers’ compensation premiums, while increasing your awareness of safety and risk-management strategies.
Workplace safety is an important component of these programs. To succeed in accident prevention, we encourage you to use the many resources available to you. We believe a group-rating program is a partnership that includes you and your employees, your sponsoring organization or third-party administrator (TPA) and BWC. Each has specific roles and responsibilities, all designed to assist in preventing workplace accidents. This letter outlines the safety services expectations you should have as an employer enrolled in a group-rating program.
The employer will:
· Maintain a safe workplace;
· Attend safety training to enhance workplace safety;
· Use BWC’s safety services as needed;
· Fulfill the required two-hour training requirement and provide proof of attendance to sponsor for claim(s)
occurring within the last year.
The certified primary and affiliated sponsoring organizations will:
· Sponsor eight hours of safety training (this may be done at one time or may be provided incrementally as long as the total is at least eight hours);
· Provide information regarding safety resources to group members;
· Possibly assist an employer in achieving its safety needs;
· Manage employer fulfillment of the two-hour training requirement, where applicable;
· Publish this letter to group members.
The TPA may:
· Assist sponsoring organizations with fulfilling the group-rating safety requirements;
· Assist an employer with its safety needs;
· Work in conjunction with sponsors to develop safety training and deliver safety resources;
· Provide resources for claims handling.
· Monitor all group-rating safety activities to confirm requirements are met;
· Remain in communication with sponsoring organizations to provide recommendations for fulfilling safety requirements;
· Provide safety training through Ohio’s Center for Occupational Safety & Health;
· Offer on-site safety consultation (hazard assessments, air and noise monitoring, ergonomics evaluation, training) by a BWC safety professional;
· Offer publications and videos for safety program support;
· Conduct employer visits to confirm the employer is meeting group-rating requirements, when appropriate.
The goal of this collaborative effort is to make sure all your safety needs are met. Using these resources will assist you in preventing accidents, reducing claims costs and achieving the highest discounts possible. Below you’ll find contact information for various resources.
BWC: https://www.bwc.ohio.gov/employer/services/safetyhygiene.asp, firstname.lastname@example.org
BCAO will provide educational, promotional, and revenue building tools to aid members in their daily operations.
To enhance the profitability of our members and to ensure a healthy future for the sport of bowling in Ohio.